Places To Eat In Kent: The Swan, Chapel Down Vineyard

As concluding calendar week was English linguistic communication Wine Week, on Tuesday I hopped on the develop to Headcorn, precisely exterior Tenterden to bring together a grouping of other local nutrient as well as vino writers at Chapel Down, arguably 1 of England's most known as well as enjoyed vineyards (they sell it inwards Waitrose, as well as their Rose Brut was served at the Royal Wedding) to sample or as well as thence of their wines as well as to relish a particular English linguistic communication Wine Week tasting carte du jour at their restaurant, The Swan.
Lunch at The Swan, Chapel Down Vineyard | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphippsthe real floral novel break from Barnsole I've been going on almost recently, it yet has that 'English' flavor as well as is real drinkable both with food, as well as on a summertime day. For the tasters amid y'all who desire to movement yesteryear the basic, I recommend trying the slightly to a greater extent than complex Three Graces vintage, as well as a adept drinking glass of rose is adept to toast whatever particular occasion. 
Canapes at The Swan, Chapel Down | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphippsAs I mentioned when nosotros ordered it at Wyatt & Jones inwards Broadstairs, sea trout tin sack gustation also much of the sea if it is non got right, but the fish were was light, perfectly cooked as well as with precisely the whisper of the ocean. However, the get-go of the exhibit for me was the tender (but yet with the correct amount of bite) samphire, which genuinely pulled the nation as well as sea elements together. 
Romney Marsh Lamb at The Swan, Chapel Down | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps Romney Marsh Lamb at The Swan, Chapel Down Vineyard | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
Now, I don't consume lamb. The exclusively agency I always similar lamb is if it is minced upwards as well as mixed with a whole charge of Greek or Middle Eastern spices, as well as roast lamb is genuinely 1 of my nightmare dishes. However, fifty-fifty with this inwards take away heed I polished of the whole of the adjacent dish, because it was precisely wonderful, confirming my personal philosophy that with the exception of peanuts (which are precisely evil) at that spot is no such things every bit foods I don't like, precisely cooking techniques I'm unimpressed with. Pieces of Romney Marsh lamb were hither cooked perfectly as well as thence they were as well as thence sweet, pinkish as well as tender, as well as served upwards with a slice of confit, infant mushrooms, braised infant jewel lettuce as well as wide beans, a flavourful jus, as well as a brightly flavoured pea puree. Seriously, this dish was precisely excellent, as well as with it I would happily consume lamb again. 
Dessert at The Swan, Chapel Down | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps English Sparkling Wine at Chapel Down, Tenterden | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps Deconstructed Eton Mess at The Swan, Chapel Down | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
To finish, nosotros were presented with a wonderful deconstructed Eton Mess, with chocolate-brown saccharide meringue, local strawberries (that are precisely fantabulous at the moment), a mascarpone mousse, as well as the wonderful edition of what I intend was a mint crude amongst the micro herbs as well as freeze dried strawberries. The dish was interesting as well as packed total of flavor yesteryear itself, but it was genuinely brightened upwards paired with a drinking glass of Chapel Down's Vintage Reserve Rose Brut (a picayune fleck to a greater extent than particular as well as I intend to a greater extent than effervescent than their everyday sparkling rose). 

There was a cheeseboard to complete (with a wonderful goats cheese precisely for me), but I intend nosotros all got also distracted inwards our conversations that I forgot to accept a photograph of it! However, I ambit ask to complaint Chapel Down's 'Nectar', a precisely wonderful (and surprisingly more-ish) dessert vino I had no stance they produced, which would brand a neat later dinner talking indicate at a dinner party, or a neat hosts gift. 


I intend a particular English linguistic communication Wine Week luncheon at The Swan gave me a neat taster of their vineyard as well as winery, which I can't await to re-visit on a sunnier 24-hour interval for to a greater extent than of a tour of the vines. Chapel Down is a neat 24-hour interval out (it is a xx infinitesimal taxi ride from Headcorn station, or y'all tin sack drive) for a lovely meal, a tour of the vineyard, as well as a tasting at the winery. You tin sack detect out to a greater extent than on their website. Thank y'all to Chapel Down for having me along, as well as I'll last dorsum soon! 

More interesting articles here :Generation Enggelmundus Internet Marketing Tool here :Zeageat IM Sumber http://www.rachelphipps.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post