Despite getting approval, Lagos ministry building demolished my property, xv others, without notification


On August 16, 2017, Adejoke Alabi received a telephone band from her safety guard telling her that a grouping of men from the Lagos State Government Ministry of Physical Planning as well as Urban Development, along amongst 36 fully armed policemen as well as most 50 expanse boys, took possession of the Lagoon View Estate along Ibeshe Road, Ikordu, Lagos. Soon after, they demolished a sum of xvi properties inwards the area, including those belonging to Mrs. Alabi.

After the incident, those affected past times the demolition went to the Ministry of Physical Planning as well as Urban Development for answers. They were met past times about of the constabulary officers that helped demolish the properties, who informed them that somebody wrote a petition alleging that the solid reason on which the properties were built belonged to him.

However, Mrs. Alabi as well as the other belongings owners never received a courtroom lodge or a notification of the petition.




“I don’t know who the possessor of the belongings is. The CFO never came to me as well as told me that someone holds or owns the land. It would accept been correct if nosotros had gotten a notification. Even if you’re the possessor of the land, inwards a province that has laws, y'all tin solely become to the court. But at that topographic point is no courtroom judgment, at that topographic point is nothing, as well as they intend that they tin only produce anything,” she lamented.

“We heard that they fifty-fifty bribed about of them at the [police] utilisation as well as arranged the demolition.”


Mrs. Alabi, along amongst other belongings owners, accept directly written a petition to Lagos State Governor Akinwumi Ambode to protestation the demolition of their property. Mrs. Alabi has also written her ain personal petition.

“I wrote my ain personal petition to the governor. I don’t know what they accept at the ministry, but on my terminate I know I accept all my paperwork. The notification on my CFO genuinely came out for a 21-day respect as well as passed.

“I did my survey as well as I was told that I wasn’t on authorities belongings or anything. They came to produce the assessment on my edifice innovation inwards Nov 2016. On Jan 2017, I went to become brand the payment. I accept made all the necessary payments that I am supposed to brand to the government,” she said.





Mrs. Alabi’s 2 properties on the estate toll her about millions. The demolished properties on the estate were worth a sum of N500 million.

Protests at the governor’s utilisation began on Mon subsequently a let was acquired to protest. Many are hoping to larn the exposure necessary to larn answers from the government. 

“Whoever does this is a bully, because I know that it mightiness hold out somebody that is influential that is hiding behind these people as well as using all their power,” she said.

“Maybe when nosotros outset protesting as well as bringing all this out to people inwards the public, as well as hence perhaps the governor or people inwards the authorities volition say something. Maybe the someone volition genuinely come upward out as well as exhibit us what he or she has on that land.”

See the petition filed past times residents of the demolished estate below:




SaharaReporters

Sumber http://www.adeolafayehun.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post