Policemen batter lady for tattooing her body


A woman, Chioma Pius, has defendant men of the Rivers State Police Command of assaulting her for having tattoos on her body.

Pius, who claimed to live travelling inwards a cab from Bayelsa to Port Harcourt, Rivers State, on Monday, said she was stopped yesteryear the policemen at Elebrada Junction, Emohua, Rivers State.

She alleged that after introducing herself to the policemen, the caput of the patrol squad defendant her of existence rude.

She claimed that the officers afterwards pounced on her together with pummelled her.

“I experienced the worst 24-hour interval of my life on Monday. I was brutalised yesteryear to a greater extent than or less law officers inwards the Emohua surface area of Rivers State; at a highway leading to Bayelsa State.

“My criminal offence was that I tattooed my body. H5N1 law officeholder asked me to footstep downwards from the taxi I was travelling inwards from Bayelsa to Port Harcourt. I asked to know why; he ignored my query together with asked in i trial to a greater extent than that I should footstep out of the car, then I got out of the car.

“He asked to know who I was together with what I did for a living because of the tattoo on my body. I gladly introduced myself amongst a big smiling on my face. My telephone rang, but I couldn’t answer (the call). The police officer told me to position myself to his superior, which I institute funny. I was only looking at the guy when he said I should live detained; that I didn’t bring manners together with that I was a cult member, prostitute together with armed robber. There was no disgusting elevate those men didn’t telephone phone me.

“I only laughed the insults off together with told them I would non function into their mobile cell. They seized my phone, then I couldn’t tape them. They searched my handbag together with when they couldn’t notice whatever money, they got angry together with said I didn’t fifty-fifty bring money, together with I was showing off.

“Before I knew it, i of the officers grabbed my trousers together with pushed me into the van, piece the other guy slapped together with punched me repeatedly. I asked why they were beating me up, but their leader used the butt of his gun to hitting me on my thighs. He went away together with came dorsum amongst a cane together with flogged me. He pushed me into their mobile cell,” she said inwards a postal service on Facebook.

She claimed that she lost her appointment band inwards the scuffle, adding that piece the drama lasted, other policemen were busy extorting coin from other motorists together with letting them become without a search.

Pius, who claimed that passersby watched helplessly equally she was harassed, vowed to larn justice.

A serial of photos yesteryear the victim showed that she sustained injuries inwards her hands together with legs.

She also posted a blurred video which revealed the patrol’s vehicle tag let on equally …XU P/H.

A sibling of the victim, Annastacia Anyaoha, claimed that the tattoo was a remembrance for their belatedly brother, equally she abused those who questioned Pius’ dressing together with agency of livelihood.

Personal enquiries made to the sisters yesteryear PUNCH Metro were non replied to equally of press time.

The country Police Public Relations Officer, Omoni Nnamdi, asked the victim to position the policemen or their patrol van.

He promised that the ascendance would investigate the harassment if the policemen were identified.

Sumber http://www.adeolafayehun.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post