Biafra: President Buhari must encounter Nnamdi Kanu - Obasanjo


Nigeria’s onetime President Olusegun Obasanjo says President Muhammadu Buhari must come across amongst Biafran secessionist leader Nnamdi Kanu earlier violence betwixt the reason forces as well as separatists escalates into a full-blown conflict.

Speaking to Newsweek inwards London, Obasanjo says that the heavy-handed tactics of the Nigerian acre against pro-Biafra activists, a secessionist drive that is pushing for an independent state, bring non succeeded, as well as a to a greater extent than conciliatory approach is needed.

“Those who fought the country of war inwards Biafra volition non desire to manage whatever other war. No. I fought inwards that war. It’s an unfortunate country of war as well as I said that I fought 1 country of war also many inwards Nigeria. Heavy kick is non the solution. I believe that whatever may live on the frustration of whatever grouping inwards Nigeria, secession is non the solution.

“I don’t watch anything incorrect inwards that [Buhari coming together amongst Kanu]. I would non object to that; if anything, I would encourage it,” Obasanjo told Newsweek.

“I would desire to come across Kanu myself as well as speak to people similar him, people of his age, [and ask:] ‘What are your worries?’ Not alone from the southeast simply from all parts of Nigeria,” the onetime president said.

Sumber http://www.adeolafayehun.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post