French Photo Diary #9: Enjoying the July Heatwave inwards Brittany

My 'summer holiday' that I took terminal calendar week at the Brittany identify tin genuinely live on summed upwards past times several things: white peaches from the South of France, copious amounts of French rosé wine, the blistering heat, in addition to the beautiful hydrangeas inward every shade of blue, pink, regal in addition to cream you lot could perhaps imagine inward total flower inward practically every unmarried garden in addition to auto park. When I said, dorsum inward Apr that I wanted to instruct to French Republic inward July for a 'summer holiday' I don't intend anyone could convey predicted the freak heatwave that had me hiding, stretched out on a picnic carpet alongside my mass nether the walnut tree practically all day, but god it was glorious.
Hydrangea | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphippsCancale oysters to christen the oyster knife I'd picked upwards before inward the year. So, opening them is a science I nonetheless convey non managed to master copy past times myself, but I've got to proceed at it equally the washed upwards shells are starting to brand a genuinely pretty drainage base of operations for our ain budding hydrangea bush.
French Summer Breakfast | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphippsChateau de la Treyne has ruined me for life!), but their potted dark chocolate mousse from the top dog menu, alongside chocolate syrup in addition to honeycomb compaction was but perfect.
Sunset inward Brittany | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphippsLa Cour du Temple inward Combourg, incidentally, has the best chips, galletes in addition to crepes).
40 Degrees inward Brittany, Northern French Republic | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps Cold Summer Supper inward Brittany | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
When nosotros got dorsum to the house, patch my telephone told me it was 35 degrees, the thermometer on the wall said 40, in addition to thus afterwards vegging out nether the tree alongside my mass for a adept few hours, all nosotros could deal for dinner was bread, local pate in addition to cheese, in addition to about crudités (black olives, about frankly delicious mutual depression temperature local potatoes, in addition to tomatoes, cucumber in addition to radishes we'd grown at habitation inward England).
Cotes de Provence | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps July Evening Barbecue inward Brittany | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps Summer Evening Barbecue inward Brittany | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps Courgettini equally a Barbecue Side | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
Now, I am nonetheless morally opposed to spiralizers. However, what I convey constitute that I produce taste is strips of courgette made alongside ane of those cheap metal julienne peelers, steamed lightly inward the microwave or blanched inward a pan of salted water, before beingness finished alongside tabular array salt in addition to pepper equally a barbecue side. It is the perfect affair to produce alongside the glut of courgettes nosotros grow every year; no particular equipment required!
Cancale Huitres No. iii | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
On the terminal even out I enjoyed about other plate of Cancale oysters in addition to a crisp drinking glass of Touraine, before returning to the madness dorsum habitation (well actually, nosotros exactly missed everyone else's French getaway nightmares we've seen this weekend) in addition to I was dorsum inward the component adjacent day. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 depression fundamental vacation this year, but I experience this twelvemonth is the twelvemonth I've been taking fourth dimension to explore a chip to a greater extent than of French Republic properly.


Where convey you lot all been/ are you lot off to this summertime on your adventures? I'm going to remain inward England in addition to bounce betwixt Kent in addition to London for the residual of the summer, enjoying the best both places convey to offer, in addition to catching upwards alongside about of my friends who are nonetheless studying things similar police trace in addition to medicine, in addition to tend to convey a chip to a greater extent than complimentary fourth dimension over the summertime months. 

More interesting articles here :Generation Enggelmundus Internet Marketing Tool here :Zeageat IM Sumber http://www.rachelphipps.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post