Student Suppers: Strapatsada amongst Basil & Toasted Pine Nuts

Like many of you, on Mon I went dorsum to work. It was pouring amongst pelting outside, poor too wet. I had all the paperwork that I had non got to over Christmas inward my in-tray to bargain with, too the cyberspace chose the worst possible 2nd to pay havoc amongst our operate system. I'd said I was cooking my ain supper that nighttime earlier I left the household inward the morning, too then if I wanted to swallow something when I got home, I'd lead keep no choice but to laid upward it myself. Enter Strapatsada, a Greek dish from the 'Quick & Calm' chapter of Nigella Lawson's bright novel cookbook Simply Nigella which exclusively took near 20 minutes to throw together from ingredients to table. 
Student Suppers: Strapatsada | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
Student Suppers: Strapatsada amongst Basil & Pine Nuts | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
So, if you lot soundless don't know what you're having for dinner this evening (or for breakfast tomorrow or for luncheon the twenty-four sixty minutes stream after, for that matter) you lot likely lead keep all the ingredients for a delicious pan of Strapatsada (which you lot tin brand for i or ii of you) already that you lot tin pile on toast, or scoop upward direct out of the pan if you're inward a detail washing upward dodging mood. The book's version is topped off amongst Xynotyro or whatever other potent too crumbly cheese, but on concern human relationship of the whole I don't swallow cows cheese thing, toasted pino nuts add together a dainty fleck of texture, seize amongst teeth too creamiest. (I tried torn mozzarella, but it made the whole thing a fleck besides watery). 
Strapatsada | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps Strapatsada amongst Basil & Pine Nuts | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
Usually it takes either an irresistible combination of ingredients, or an interesting technique for me to bookmark a recipe from a cookbook to cook. In this recipe, it was the sentiment of stirring a raw egg into the Lycopersicon esculentum sauce, every bit if you lot were scrambling it that caught my eye. It seems unusual, but it is a great, dairy costless way to teach a lovely thick too creamy sauce, packed amongst poly peptide for a dainty a filling meal. It's a Greek thing, I've had a recipe for a Greek Lemon Soup, which is also made thick too creamy past times whisking inward raw eggs. Below, these measurements brand a pocket-size pan total for i person, but you lot tin double it to serve ii of you, or if you're super hungry. 


  • 4-5 Small Ripe Tomatoes or 4 Handfuls Cherry Tomatoes 
  • 1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
  • 1/2 tbsp Tomato Puree
  • Pinch Sea Salt
  • Pinch Golden Caster Sugar 
  • 1 Large Egg
  • Small Handful Fresh Basil
  • Small Handful Pine Nuts 
  • Freshly Ground Black Pepper
  • Toasted Bread, to serve 


Set a pocket-size frying pan over a high heat. Add the pino nuts to the pan too toast for a infinitesimal or two, tossing regularly to halt them from burning. Set the toasted nuts aside, too provide the pan to the heat, turning it downwards to medium. Add the oil, too roughly chop the tomatoes (or quarter the cherry tomatoes) too add together them to the oil. Cook for a few minutes until the tomatoes commencement to interruption down. Stir inward the Lycopersicon esculentum puree, ocean tabular array salt too the sugar. Cook for a few minutes to a greater extent than until a skilful sauce has formed. Crack the egg into the pan too laid upward every bit if you lot were scrambling them into the sauce. Cook until the sauce has thickened to withal thick you'd similar it. Remove from the heat, too serve amongst the basil torn over, sprinkled amongst pino nuts too finished amongst a skilful few grinds of dark pepper.


I know for most people that New Year's Day cooking way everything green, healthy, sugar, fatty too refined saccharify free, but for me spell I create similar to lighten things upward a bit, what I'm actually later is something fresh, slow too comforting. I hope you lot that a big, nourishing pan of this volition laid you lot to rights at the halt of a long, rainy Winters day.

More interesting articles here :Generation Enggelmundus Internet Marketing Tool here :Zeageat IM Sumber http://www.rachelphipps.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post