Places To Eat In Canterbury: Elsie Mo's Diner [Now Closed]

Over the Summer I heard whispers that non one, but 2 American mode diners were laid to opened upwards inward Canterbury this Autumn. Obviously, right away I no longer alive inward London too thus I tin shipping away no longer hang out at The Diner at weekends, this word got me rather excited. Now 1 of these diners is rather pedestrian (Ed's Diner inward Whitefriars), but the other was a consummate unknown: travel inward the brightly coloured, all American Elsie Mo's Diner on Burgate.  
Chicken to percentage at Elsie Mo's Diner, Canterbury | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
Elsie Mo's Diner, Canterbury | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps Bar Stools at Elsie Mo's Diner, Canterbury | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps Outside at Elsie Mo's Diner, Canterbury | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps Booths at Elsie Mo's Diner, Canterbury | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps Inside at Elsie Mo's Diner, Canterbury | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps Elsie Mo's Diner Windows, Canterbury | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps Bar at Elsie Mo's Diner, Canterbury | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps Bloody Mary at Elsie Mo's Diner, Canterbury | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
They convey an extremely extensive alternative of American beers, ales too lagers on offer, as good as classic American sodas, milkshakes, floats too £6.95 cocktails. Being a Sat morning/ lunchtime, I exactly had to become for the Bloody Mary. It was non much similar what I ordinarily associate with a 'good' Bloody Mary, though it had a practiced striking of booze from the vodka. it had a genuinely pleasant spicing, which I could convey sworn had cardamom in, too spell it is non what I'd course of report as a offset with Bloody Mary's, I even too thus really, genuinely enjoyed it as a stand upwards along drink.
Crab Balls at Elsie Mo's Diner, Canterbury | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
Feeling similar something a petty lighter, Mummy went for the starter of crab balls, serves with a chilli jam too a side salad. God they were good. Big, generous fried balls stuffed with rich too flavourful crab meat, too the perfect size for a calorie-free dejeuner with pare on fries on the side (this is an American diner, afterwards all.)
Mother Clucker Sharing Chicken at Elsie Mo's Diner, Canterbury | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
Mother Clucker at Elsie Mo's Diner, Canterbury | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
Never people to do things yesteryear halves, when my begetter too I could non decided what to club (so many delicious sounding classics!), I suggested nosotros larn the 'Mother Clucker'; a sharing platter for 2 (supposedly, nosotros intend it would live on keen for 3 or four) where yous larn a beer tin shipping away chicken, 2 breaded fried chicken drumsticks, 2 barbecue chicken wings pare on fries, beans too slaw, all for £29.95. Feast time. 
Beer Can Chicken at Elsie Mo's, Canterbury | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
Now, I've never genuinely had beer tin shipping away chicken before. I've had Rose's recipe for Beer Can Jerk Chicken with Pineapple & Mango Salsa bookmarked forever, too right away I desire to effort it out to a greater extent than than ever. Elsie Mo's version was keen too had a prissy flavour, wonderful for exactly diving inward with your hands. The legs too wings were wonderful too succulent, but the thorax had dried out a little. Not the destination of the footing if yous purpose the pieces to mop upwards whatever excess barbecue sauce. The atmosphere to a greater extent than than makes upwards for whatever tike issues with the food. 
Barbecue Wings at Elsie Mo's Diner, Canterbury | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
The barbecue chicken wings were my absolute favourite part. I'd club them in 1 lawsuit to a greater extent than inward a heartbeat (so succulent), too the perfect barbecue sauce has already made my hear upwards that the adjacent fourth dimension I view I'm going to live on going for the babe one-half rack of ribs smothered inward the stuff. I convey a suspicion that they may exactly give my favourite ribs inward the urban gist at The Foundry a run for their money, too that's proverb something. 
Chicken Drumsticks at Elsie Mo's, Canterbury | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
The drumsticks were also genuinely succulent, though I did non savour the fried breadcrumb coating as much as I would had this been classic fried chicken, but they even too thus would become downwards a process with a twain of pints of beer. Basically, if whatever Diner has nutrient amend than Barney's Beanery whose diverse Los Angeles joints I've ended upwards inward a fair few times which is my benchmark for passably practiced nutrient to become with beer, you're onto a winner inward the genre. 
Beans & Slaw at Elsie Mo's Diner, Canterbury | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps Slaw at Elsie Mo's Diner, Canterbury | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
I was really impressed with the slaw, earmarking it as a side I'd club again. It was non as good heavy with mayo, had a keen flavor too even too thus retained a practiced amount of crunch. However, I similar all slaw equally, dissimilar my begetter who prefers them on the tangier side; he was non as much of a fan of this number as I was. 
Beans at Elsie Mo's Diner, Canterbury | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
I can't genuinely comment much on the beans, the 1 downside of the meal. I intend they were perfectly delicious (though null for me volition compaction The Burger Bro's Pit Beans), but it was rather difficult to tell because they were rock cold. They ask to operate on heating their dishes through earlier they serve the beans upwards inward future, I think. However, spell nosotros declined as nosotros had enough of nutrient on the table, our server did offering to fetch us a novel dish. 
Skin On Fries at Elsie Mo's Diner, Canterbury | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
Finally, the pare on fries. These were absolutely fantastic; crisp on the exterior too fluffy inward the middle, yous only convey to larn a side of these with your club if they don't already come upwards as standard. I'd also recommend them with a fleck of ketchup or barbecue sauce to sit down upwards at the bar with if you're exactly having a few drinks (though, they do convey nachos on the bill of fare too!)

I'm really, genuinely glad nosotros decided on an impromptu view to Elsie Mo's on Sat as all 3 of us had a fantastic meal, too I'm genuinely looking frontwards to going dorsum to effort to a greater extent than of the extensive menu, in all probability with a big grouping of friends where nosotros tin shipping away cram into 1 of the booths, club a shed charge of nutrient too drinks too dig in. 

More interesting articles here :Generation Enggelmundus Internet Marketing Tool here :Zeageat IM Sumber http://www.rachelphipps.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post