Christmas Kitchen: Brown Sugar & Grand Marnier Ice Cream

One afternoon, I wanted to brand H2O ice cream. I had cream too milk inwards the fridge, but I could non actually live bothered to larn to the supermarket for additional ingredients. I had non the supplies to brand my Mint Aero Ice Cream, Eton Mess Ice Cream or Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Ice Cream. However, inspired yesteryear the terminal pick I did get got chocolate-brown sugar, too my woman rear suggested I add together a dash of Grand Marnier from the dusty bottle nosotros get got stashed inwards the dorsum of the dinning room cupboard. Thus, my novel favourite H2O ice cream flavor was born. 
Brown Sugar & Grand Marnier Ice Cream | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
Brown Sugar too Grand Marnier Ice Cream | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
While most of the twelvemonth I uncovering vanilla totally acceptable, inwards Dec you lot desire something a petty flake extra (richer, creamier too boozier) than regular H2O ice cream either to veg out on inwards forepart of the television set watching Nigella (someone delight larn me her novel mass for Christmas) or served every bit a uncomplicated scoop along side whole mode of festive desserts. What I dear well-nigh this H2O ice cream is that land it is beautifully flavoured it compliments, rather than overwhelms whatever you lot desire to serve it with, but industrial plant beautifully yesteryear itself too. 
Grand Marnier | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps Festive Brown Sugar & Grand Marnier Ice Cream | www.rachelphipps.com @rachelphipps
Before nosotros restrain caput offset into the H2O ice cream recipe, I desire to chop-chop enjoin you lot how to brand frosted cranberries that you lot tin mail away purpose to garnish only well-nigh anything sweetness this fourth dimension of year, too is specially neat for using upward whatever cranberries you lot may get got leftover from making my Cranberry Sauce alongside Cherry Brandy too my Bacon Wrapped Stuffing Bites

Basically, all you lot get got hither are fresh cranberries, dipped inwards egg white earlier existence rolled inwards granulated sugar, hence left to dry out venture on a slice of baking parchment. And they proceed for rather a long time. So that you're non wasting whatever egg yolks, I fissure a whole egg into a petty dish, making certain non to interruption the yolk. Making certain my hands are clean, I hence dip the cranberries inwards the white. The balance of the egg tin mail away live fried upward too served alongside whatever is on the carte du jour for your adjacent meal. 


  • 220ml (8 fl oz) Full Fat Milk
  • 150g (5 oz) Soft Light Brown Sugar
  • 450ml (16 fl oz) Double Cream
  • 1 tbsp Grand Marnier 


Using an electrical whisk trounce together the milk too saccharide until the saccharide is completely dissolved. Whisk inwards the cream, too freeze every bit per your H2O ice cream makers instructions. I get got (well, my woman rear has too I borrow) this fancy Cuisinart number, too it takes well-nigh 40-50 minutes. Freeze (remember to label it!), too relish inside two months (if it lasts that long!)


Just a quick ane today subsequently a flake of a lazy weekend. I mean value I needed a flake of a interruption every bit I've been working an awful lot of vii solar daytime weeks, hence one-half the fourth dimension I mixed upward a few hot toddies, turned off all my electronics too curled upward alongside an actual, newspaper too impress book, too the other one-half I curled upward too binged on sometime Grey's Anatomy episodes. However, I usage get got to a greater extent than or less other festive recipe I did create inwards my 'relaxed' cooking fourth dimension this weekend I can't aspect to part alongside you lot on Wednesday. How was your weekend?

More interesting articles here :Generation Enggelmundus Internet Marketing Tool here :Zeageat IM Sumber http://www.rachelphipps.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post